Monday 22 June 2015

Disney princesses + velociraptors = heaven

Cinderapter
Feed-twFeed-fb

Dinosaurs and Disney princesses: pretty much the most epic pairing ever. After all, dinosaurs are fascinating and princesses are enchanting. It only makes sense to combine the two.

That's what China-based illustrator Laura Cooper did, anyway

Cooper created a series of Jurassic World-inspired illustrations featuring velociraptors dressed as classic Disney princesses

Cooper's inspiration for the series apparently came from her fascination with the Jurassic Park franchise

"I begged my parents to let me go to see Jurassic Park when I was a kid, but I was too little," she tells Mashable in an email. "When my brother came home, he told me all about how big, scary, and wonderful all the dinosaurs were, especially the raptors! So seeing the raptors on screen [in Jurassic World] was just too much for me to handle ... After the movie, I went home and couldn't stay focused on anything. I kept thinking about how they just ate everything! All the people were getting eaten! What if they were princesses?! What if they were magical, wonderful, beautiful people!?" Read more...

More about Illustrations, Watercooler, Pics, Conversations, and Jurassic Park

No comments:

Post a Comment